Western Pennsylvania Montessori School shall provide a safe, secure, and nurturing atmosphere in which each child may develop and grow emotionally, socially, intellectually, and physically by receiving a well-rounded experience based on Montessori Philosophy.
WPMS Values and Beliefs
- We value actions that indicate a respect for self, others, and the environment.
- We value activities and opportunities that cultivate a sense of connection and build community.
- We strive to encourage a life-long love of learning.
- We believe in encouraging a sense of order, concentration, independence and coordination.
- We provide opportunities for experiences that promote the development of a child’s natural internal motivation.
- We value the uniqueness of each individual because of the opportunity it provides to learn from one another.
- We believe children develop at a unique rate and we work to meet each child at his/her own place.
- We value activities that promote working through a process rather than emphasizing the end product.
- We provide a well-rounded experience for the development of the child.
- We believe in fostering the growth of internal discipline within each child.
- We believe in developing higher order thinking skills and promoting the movement from concrete to more abstract thinking.
- We believe in providing a safe and prepared environment.