Western Pennsylvania Montessori School (WPMS) shall provide a safe, secure, and nurturing atmosphere in which each child may develop and grow emotionally, socially, intellectually, and physically by receiving a well-rounded experience based on Montessori Philosophy.
WPMS Values and Beliefs
- We value actions that indicate a respect for self, others, and the environment.
- We value activities and opportunities that cultivate a sense of connection and build community.
- We strive to encourage a life-long love of learning.
- We believe in encouraging a sense of order, concentration, independence and coordination.
- We provide opportunities for experiences that promote the development of a child’s natural internal motivation.
- We value the uniqueness of each individual because of the opportunity it provides to learn from one another.
- We believe children develop at a unique rate and we work to meet each child at his/her own place.
- We value activities that promote working through a process rather than emphasizing the end product.
- We provide a well-rounded experience for the development of the child.
- We believe in fostering the growth of internal discipline within each child.
- We believe in developing higher order thinking skills and promoting the movement from concrete to more abstract thinking.
- We believe in providing a safe and prepared environment.
Statement on Equity and Inclusion
We value diversity among our students. We do not discriminate in our enrollment policies on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin. WPMS promotes, recognizes and practices principles of equity, fairness, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, faith, religion, ancestry, economic class, citizenship, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse community. The entire staff at WPMS fully embraces our duty to celebrate the uniqueness of each child and enable them to discover their own identity and value others.